Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Back Home

I am home ...on Sun, 15 Nov after spending 5 days at Brunei ...and was shocked to receive my M1 phone bill today ....for Day 1, I have already incurred $10 for phone bills for calls made totalling less than 3 mins! What a joke.... I should have purchased phone cards ...sob.
That aside, I will not be posting pics of my trip cos I din take much cos we have an avid photographer-teacher in the midst and we have a website to showcase the trip... do check it out (it is in Malay thou cos it is meant to be a cultural trip for Malay pupils).
http://www.wgpsbrunei.blogspot.com/

I shall summarise my trip below
Day 1 - Upon arrival, we visited Royal Regalia which is a must see for all visitors, and to the Mosque built by His Majesty the 29th Sultan.
Day 2 - We visited the Ambulong Factory to see how sago is extracted from the palm tree and tasted 'grupes' (see for yourself in the weblink below). Afternoon was spent in a school.
Day 3 - We set sail to the "Venice of the East" - Water Village - cool yet scary ...walking around planks in the middle of the sea ...come to think of it, what if accidentally fall into the sea? hmmm....Afternoon was spent at the (Old) Technology Centre.
Day 4 - Spent the morning in the school..which ended with a celebration of sort, followed by a tour of the Arts and Handicraft Centre in the afternoon.
Day 5 - Visited the Museum and shopping in the afternoon at Gadong before heading home.

This is my FIRST (working) trip in my 15+ years of working life. OK lah, but taking care of the kids is no joke cos the responsibility is there. Dun think I will want to go back again. The travel agent was quite nice to upgrade me to a single room as I am supposed to be sharing with another male teacher. Single room would mean more freedom lar ...can throw my clothes all over, bathe in my leisure pace, ... I am not afraid of being alone or the dark and I know some people is afraid of being alone in a room in an overseas land ...

Well, I am home ...and immediately started work on Mon, thou I am feeling tired and was nursing a sore throat ...

No comments: