Monday, December 6, 2010

Meadiocre

Like most if not all parents wish that their son can 'soar like a dragon' and their daughter can 'scale as a phoenix'. I do too. However, lately, I realise that I am kidding myself cos, the children have to have the clever genes to excel. Some parents may not have the opportunity to excel given certain circumstances. As such, they may seem meagre but their children are cool while some parents are holding esteem posts but their children are just meadiocre. Well, we do not rule out that every child can succeed in their own way/field and that success should not be based on academic achievements but then again, we cannot deny that academic success is somewhat the basic foundation that has to be right to progress forward in life. The recent PSLE top pupil's parents are both doctors. There are certainly stories of scholars whose parents are taxi drivers or labourers.
If my children are just meadiocre, I guess I can only blame myself and ....

No comments: